Starting November 1st, 2020 all US Citizens and Residents will be able to enter Costa Rica with the following requirements:
1. Fill out the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS form
2. Purchase travel insurance that covers unexpected health and lodging expenses resulting from COVID-19.
This insurance can be purchased through authorized Costa Rican insurers Grupo INS and Sagicor. Insurance can also be purchased from an international provider that offers:
- a policy effective during your visit to Costa Rica.
- guaranteed coverage of COVID-19 related medical expenses while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 USD.
- minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for lodging expenses issued in the event of an extended stay due to the pandemic.
3. You will have to have spent 14 consecutive days within the United States or another country with whom Costa Rica has opened its air borders with.
4. You may not show or experience symptoms associated with COVID-19 including fever, cough, loss of smell or taste, signs of respiratory infection, diarrhea, or others upon entry.
Upon Completion of the Health Pass, you will receive a QR Code that you will need to have accessible upon arrival in Costa Rica.
If you have any questions regarding the entry requirements to Costa Rica, do not hesitate to contact one of Apollo Medical Travel’s patient coordinators via chat or at +1 (888) 382-4929. We believe that everyone should have access to affordable, high quality medical care and we are here to help.