Remove a problematic tooth and allow your body to heal.
Pending Medical Review
Updated 11 December 2021
Veneers are thin, custom-made shells crafted from tooth-colored materials. They are applied to the front, visible surface of a tooth and are designed to enhance aesthetics and protect the weakened structure of the tooth. Since they look and feel like natural teeth, they are frequently opted by teens, young adults, and anyone who is conscious about their smiles.
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), veneers are a permanent solution for correcting stained, chipped, decayed, or crooked teeth. They can also be used to cover or fill in gaps between two teeth or when orthodontic treatment may not be favorable.
Dental veneers are completely custom-fit to match your aesthetic needs. Our cosmetic surgeons at Apollo Medical Travel make certain that your aesthetic standards are met and you can confidently flaunt your new, dazzling smile for all to see!
When Are Veneers Needed?
We fabricate veneers for you that are indistinguishable from your natural teeth. They can not only be used to augment beauty but also to correct a wide array of dental dismays, such as:
- Teeth that are discolored (due to certain prescription medications like tetracycline, excessive exposure to fluoride, presence of large resin fillings)
- Teeth that are stained and cannot be bleached
- Teeth that are misaligned, even, or irregularly shaped
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth with uneven gaps between them
What are the Different Materials Used for Veneers?
Dental veneers are of two major types depending on the dental material used to build the wafer structure – porcelain and composite. While composite veneers are more easy-going on your wallet, porcelain veneers tend to resist stains better and also more accurately mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth.
They are tenacious, custom-made dental veneers that are designed to replicate natural teeth both functionally and aesthetically. They are made up of tooth-colored porcelain or ceramics.
The benefits of porcelain veneers are:
- Strong and long-lasting
- Provides a natural tooth appearance
- Less teeth enamel is compromised than with a crown or cap preparation
- Biocompatible with gum tissues
They are also tooth-colored shells that are bonded to the teeth for better marginally aesthetics. And are made up of composite resins.
The benefits of composite veneers are:
- Less enamel needs to be removed than for caps and porcelain veneers
- They take a single visit to fabricate
- Cost-effective and is cheaper than porcelain veneers
How Much Do Veneers Cost?
The price of veneers varies depending on the geographic location, clinic, and material used. Below is a list of prices you can expect to pay in the United States and at clinics in Apollo Medical Travel’s network.
|Country||Composite Veneers||Ceramic Veneers|
|United States||$1,013 USD ea||$1,230 USD ea|
|Mexico||$250 USD ea||$446 USD ea|
|Costa Rica||$250 USD ea||$350 USD ea|
|Colombia||$129 USD ea||$438 USD ea|
Prices based on the American Dental Association’s 2020 Survey of Dental Fees and internal data from Apollo Medical Travel.
What is the Procedure to Get Veneers?
Patients can receive the best results from aesthetic dentistry only with the joined efforts of both the patient as well as the dentist. This is exactly why our dentist will first sit down with you to address your complaints, hear out your desired outcomes, and perform a meticulous examination of your teeth.
They will take you along the entire planning, scaping, and designing process to get you on the path to a more satisfying smile. As an initial step, our dentists start by correcting or fixing any pre-existing oral health problems you may have, like dental decay or cavities. They will then get started on your tooth restoration.
- In order to create a suitable dental veneer for you, the dentist begins with the preparation of your teeth by reshaping the teeth and providing adequate space to seat the dental veneer.
- Following the trimming and shaping of the dental veneers, they will apply an etchant and bonding agent to your teeth surfaces to promote better bonding with the veneer shell. They are then washed off.
- Dental veneers are then permanently cemented onto your teeth’ surfaces in a process called bonding.
- The dentist places the veneers on the teeth to check for perfect fit and shape.
- Once proper veneer positioning is achieved, a special beam light is used to polymerize or cure the dental veneer in place, finalizing its adherence to the tooth.
The second appointment (when the veneers are placed) lasts no longer than two hours, however, an additional 30 minutes may be warranted if a local anesthetic is used.
- El-Mowafy O, El-Aawar N, El-Mowafy N. Porcelain veneers: An update. Dent Med Probl. 2018;55(2):207-211. doi:10.17219/dmp/90729
Read on PubMed
- Zhang Y, Lawn BR. Evaluating dental zirconia. Dent Mater. 2019;35(1):15-23. doi:10.1016/j.dental.2018.08.291
Read on PubMed
- Silva LHD, Lima E, Miranda RBP, Favero SS, Lohbauer U, Cesar PF. Dental ceramics: a review of new materials and processing methods. Braz Oral Res. 2017;31(suppl 1):e58. Published 2017 Aug 28. doi:10.1590/1807-3107BOR-2017.vol31.0058
Read on PubMed
- Gresnigt MMM, Cune MS, Jansen K, van der Made SAM, Özcan M. Randomized clinical trial on indirect resin composite and ceramic laminate veneers: Up to 10-year findings. J Dent. 2019;86:102-109. doi:10.1016/j.jdent.2019.06.001
Read on PubMed
- Survey of Dental Fees 2020 – ebusiness.ada.org. https://ebusiness.ada.org/Assets/docs/85994.pdf. Accessed December 3, 2021.
This article is intended for informational purposes only. It is not meant to be used as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with any questions you have surrounding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it as a result of anything you read on this Site.
Get the Care You Deserve
We Make it Simple!
Get a Free Quote
Get in touch and get a free, no-obligation quote.
Get a Personalized Plan
We will help you plan a successful trip!
Take the Trip
You’ll be able to reach us for assistance 24/7.
Enjoy your Results
You did it! Enjoy being healthy and confident!
We’ve got your back.
Get started with a free, no obligation quote.
We’ve got your back.
Get a free quote today.